Do you operate in the natural gas industry? Calright Instruments carries a wide range of pressure, temperature, and process calibration equipment designed for most natural gas applications. If you need assistance with selecting a calibration product, do not hesitate to contact us for recommendations on the most reliable calibrators.
About the Natural Gas Industry
Today, natural gas is used in a wide variety of industries worldwide. Some of the most common uses for natural gas include:
- Electricity production
- As a raw material for producing fertilizers, chemicals, fuel for transportation, and more
- As a heating source for cooking, washing clothes and many other applications in residential properties
- As an energy source for outdoor lighting, powering cooling equipment and heating commercial buildings
- … and more!
Natural gas is obtained from fossil fuels, which are found beneath the Earth’s surface and takes millions of years to form. It contains methane and a variety of other natural gas liquids (NGLs) such as sulfurs and other hydrocarbons. These deposits can be found beneath the ocean floor as well as on land. Once a source has been identified, the next step would be to obtain this natural gas for human use.
Why the Natural Gas Industry Needs Calibration Products and Services
In order to obtain natural gas from an identified source, a process known as hydraulic fracturing is carried out. This process is also known as unconventional production and involves forcing a mixture of water, sand, and chemicals down a well under high-pressure conditions. Once the natural gas reaches the surface, it is directed into pipelines and sent to processing plants. Each pipeline is thoroughly tested to ensure it is efficient, has no damage, and has met all safety regulations. Pressure and temperature are two critical components that are regularly tested and recorded.
Other reasons that highlight the importance of high-quality calibration products and services include:
- Calibration tools allow professionals to infer the flow of gas through a pipeline at any point in time. Accurate gas flow measurement plays a significant role in determining market prices.
- Gas quality quantifies major components of natural gas for fiscal purposes. This data allows buyers to make informed purchasing decisions and sellers to meet their contractual obligations.
- Raw natural gas needs to be cleaned to filter out contaminants, including water, carbon dioxide, and more.
Types of Calibration Products for the Natural Gas Industry
Below is a non-exhaustive list of products that can be used to measure, test, and calibrate temperature or pressure in the natural gas industry.
· Ultra-rugged, intrinsically-safe, and digital gauge
· New low absolute pressure ranges
· Three different accuracy levels
· Built-in calibration reminders and alerts
· Can be upgraded to record up to 32,000 data points
· Intrinsically-safe reference recorder
· Gauge absolute or differential pressure
· Temperature, mA, VDC, Switch Test
· 1 million data points; 10 readings per second
· Export to tamper-proof digital records
· Dual sensor, wide pressure range
· Intrinsically safe
· Indicates milliamps to calibrate transmitters
· Easy to learn and use
· Brings laboratory accuracy to the field
· Accuracy to 0.015%
· Ranges to 30 PSI / 854 “H2O
· Small Incremental weight sets
· Quick leveling system for field use
· Temperature ranges from -25 to 1205°C
· Accuracy to ± 0.2° C and Stability to ± 0.04° C
· Multi-hole and/or insert kits
· Automatic switch test and auto stepping features
· Lightweight and easy to carry
AMETEK Jofra RTC Series Reference Temperature Calibrator
· Temperature ranges from -100 to 700° C
· Accuracy to ± 0.04° C and Stability to ± 0.005° C
· Dry block and liquid bath combined
· ”Plug and Play” intelligent reference sensors
· Time-saving and quick cooling and heating times
Why Choose Calright Instruments?
Calright Instruments supports most major brands such as Ametek, Jofra, Crystal, Mensor, Wika, and more. We offer a variety of digital pressure gauges and temperature calibrators that are designed to meet your natural gas measuring applications. Customers can choose from handheld pressure gauges to dry block and liquid temperature calibrators.
For more information about our natural gas calibration products, feel free to call us at 1.866.363.6634 today.