Measuring Rotation Speed – Contact Tachometer
Measure the rotation speed of a conveyor belt or rotating object using the contact method.
Attaching the Z5003 Contact Adapter to the FT3405 or FT3406 allows you to measure the rotation speed using the contact method.
- One FT3405 or FT3046 can measure the rotation speed using both the contact and non-contact methods.
- To measure the planar velocity of, for example, a conveyor belt, use the 9212 Peripheral Ring.
- To measure the speed of a rotating object, press the 9032 Metal Contact Tip or 9033 Rubber Contact Tip toward the center of rotation.
- Changes in the rotation speed can be recorded with a data logger using the analog output and pulse output of the FT3406.
How to Use
- Attach the Z5003 Contact Adapter to the FT3405 or FT3406.
- Attach the 9032 Metal Contact Tip or 9033 Rubber Contact Tip depending on the material of the rotating object.
- To measure the speed of a belt conveyor, attach the peripheral ring and push it toward the belt conveyor.
- The measurement range is from 15 rpm to 19,990 rpm.